Saturday, November 7, 2015

Women International Match Race

For 9 days, I worked as a staff in Women’s World Match Race, which is an International yacht competition. Even if it could sound like an excuse, what I’ve done this week was only a job. Because of this reason, unintentionally, what I can write this week is about my work, not my blog.
 
One week ago, Busan Yacht Organization allowed me to work for Women’s World Match Race as an interpreter and a staff. Truly, I was supposed to work by 6 P.M. according to the term, but I occasionally worked longer. Sometimes, it was demanding though, i was definitely satisfied with this job.
 
Every day, I was supposed to go to a main office of this race by 8 A.M., Where it’s about 5 or 10 minutes from my house, and all staff should clean the site altogether. It just took about 20 minutes and it was not tricky work. My job was mainly to help competitors in this event, especially concerning communication. All matches were scheduled to go two times a day, which were early morning and afternoon. half of players gathered at the marshaling area for competitions and they got ready to move for sailing. During their arrangements, I helped them to get gears they needed and deal with problems on the ground. Everything that I’ve done there was definitely something new because I’ve never tried those kind of things related to sailing yacht. Most of all, receiving damage reports that was my key job during 9 days, so all teams should've reported damages of their boat after each of  their matches. I should check the part of damages in their sailing yacht and report organizers. It kindled my interests in yacht. By the time I completed my job as an interpreter, I became aware of many things about sailing yacht such as rules, terms, and so on. Additionally, I was so pleased to know many cool yacht players.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment